Winter is coming quicker than we might like, so it’s important to ensure your furnace is in tip-top shape. We depend on our furnaces to stay comfortable and safe during particularly challenging Utah winters and professional preventative maintenance is the best way to keep this system running smoothly. Our team at HRC Climate Services understands that maintenance might not be at the front of mind for most homeowners, so we are sharing why maintenance is important, and what you can expect from this service.
Reasons to Schedule Professional Tune-Ups
While the saying “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” is a common one, it doesn’t necessarily pertain to your home’s heating and cooling systems. In fact, receiving service when your furnace is working well can offer some surprising benefits to not just your HVAC system, but also your overall comfort.
6 benefits to professional maintenance:
- More comfortable home: Instead of experiencing hot and cold spots in your home, a well-maintained furnace can ensure even heating throughout—making your entire space feel cozy year-round.
- Lower energy costs: When your furnace shows signs of wear and tear, it lowers efficiency, meaning you need to pay more in monthly bills in order to receive the heat you need.
- Longer lasting system: Because better-maintained systems need fewer repairs and less wear and tear, they tend to last longer—with some lasting as long as 20 years.
- Reduced repairs: During maintenance, our technicians will inspect your system for any small issues, and fix them fast, before they turn into major repairs.
- Improved indoor air quality: When furnaces haven’t been cleaned, they can blow dust, dirt, and other airborne contaminants like pollen throughout your home. This can be unknowingly inhaled, affecting your overall health.
- Safer system: Properly maintained systems are less likely to experience emergency repairs that can, at best, leave you chilly, at worst, cause property damage.
What to Expect From Your Maintenance Service
There is never a bad time to schedule your tune-up, but our team recommends at least once a year, and ideally, before the cold weather really sets in. When you book an appointment with HRC Climate Services, you can trust that our technicians will perform your maintenance quickly and cleanly. We will thoroughly inspect your system, clean and lubricate individual components, and check for any loose or damaged parts. Once maintenance is complete, we will discuss options for how to further maximize your system, offering honest and reliable recommendations. If you want your furnace to run smoothly for years to come, contact our professional technicians today!