Everyone knows how hot it can get here in Utah County, which is why your air conditioner has to be up to the task. If your AC is on the fritz, and a fan just isn’t going to cut it, call an emergency AC repair company as soon as possible to ensure that you and your family don’t have to suffer through another sweltering day inside.
Are we the best company to hire? Check out our customer reviews and testimonials and decide for yourself!
Does Your Air Conditioner Do This?
There are a variety of reasons why your air conditioner won’t work, but here are the most common reasons why your AC just isn’t keeping you cool anymore.
- LEAKING REFRIGERANT - Your AC unit might be leaking refrigerant, which can happen if wasn’t charged properly.
- POOR MAINTENANCE - To continue providing good service, your AC unit needs regular maintenance. Failing to maintain your system means it’s more likely to break down.
- SENSOR MALFUNCTION - Another reason your air conditioner isn’t working could be the sensor isn’t functioning properly.
- CLOGGED FILTER - If you’ve not changed your air conditioner’s filter, it could be clogged, which impedes performance.
Most of these problems can be fixed easily when you call in an AC contractor.
Proper AC Maintenance
As mentioned previously, a properly maintained air conditioner will provide you with years of faithful service. Here are a few tips to ensure that you have cool, fresh air when you need it.
- Clean & Straighten The Fins & Remove Debris
- Make Sure Your Unit Is Level
- Clean The Evaporator Coil
- Make Sure Your Evaporator Drain Isn’t Clogged
- Change Out Blower Filter
If you perform routine maintenance on your air conditioner, there’s no reason it shouldn’t last a long time. And if you’re not sure how to do this type of work, call in an AC service company and leave it to the pros.
Are you in the market for a new air conditioner but worried about the price? Check out our current coupons and specials and give us a call!
“Your tech Kaelen Loveless did a great job for my AC unit. High-level overview he was prompt, I got a call and text he was going to be earlier than originally scheduled and he told me the problem (capacitor) and told me how much it was going to cost.” - Doug B.
“Done right with honest, up front, low cost” - Mike O.
“Our furnace stopped working this morning and it’s a cold snowy day. Kaelen was here in a very short time and had it working without delay, and at a very reasonable price. Couldn’t recommend this company or Kaelen more highly. Fast and professional.” - Julie D.
“They are kind, genuine people who treat you like they’re your own family! Highly recommend! Good service, good people!” - Kristy D.
“I called in the morning and Mike came out later that day. He quickly noticed the problem with our furnace and fixed it. Everything was quick and smooth and Mike was very friendly and helpful.” - Mathew W.
“Kaelen was super polite and courteous. He put shoe covers on to walk downstairs even when I told him not to worry! Wasn’t bothered by all my questions and let me know about signing up for their money saving scheduled maintenance every spring and fall.” - Johanna E.
“Kaelen was amazing! He is very helpful & knowledgeable in all my questions! Highly recommended!” - Sabrina B.
“We woke up to a cold house, fearing we’d need a new furnace at Christmas time. We called as soon as businesses was open and had a tech come out within the hour. He was clean, knowledgeable & educated me a little bit. I felt like we were in good hands.” - Bonnie H.
A well-maintained air conditioner should last for at least 15 years, but here are four signs that it might be time to consider a new air conditioning installation.
- AGE - If it’s more than 15 years old, it’s due for a replacement
- INEFFICIENCY - Older units have a low SEER rating, which means it’s going to cost you more to operate it than a newer unit.
- REPAIR TO REPLACE RATIO - If your unit needs repairs and it’s going to cost 50% or more than the cost of a new unit, it’s time for a replacement.
- YOUR HOME IS TOO HOT - If you have a tough time cooling your home, your air conditioner might not be the right size for the job.
Don’t spend another minute sweltering in your home. Call HRC Climate Services for 24 hour air conditioning repair in the Utah County area at (801) 850-0040.